- 6 plump sausages
- 4 -6 large potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 glass wine
- 1⁄2 chicken stock cube, dissolved in 300 ml water
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grill or fry the sausages.
- The healthiest way is to grill them in the oven at 350 F or 180 C for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the potatoes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and mash with milk, butter, salt and nutmeg until smooth.
- For the gravy, heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onions until nicely browned.
- Stir in the flour and then the mustard, followed by the wine. A few seconds later add the stock and allow to thicken.
- Pile the mash onto a plate, followed by the sausages and lovely spoonfuls of the gravy.