- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried rosemary, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, plus
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless sirloin steaks, about 1 1/2 inches thick
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium red onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 6 wedges
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- mashed potatoes, boxed or homemade
- Position broiler rack so that top of meat in pan will be 4" from the heat source; OR Cook on grill, preheat broiler or grill.
- Combine oil, minced onion, 3/4 teaspoon Garlic, 1/2 teaspoon rosemary, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper, brush over one side of steak.
- Place steak on grill seasoned side up, Broil 12 to 15 minutes with-out turning for medium-rare or cook on grill to your liking.
- In large skillet melt 1 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat.
- add onions and shallot.
- Cover; cook, stirring occasionally, until softened 5 minutes.
- Uncover; cook, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining garlic powder, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Add wine and broth; cook until liquid is reduced by half, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining butter into onion sauce; serve over Steak and Mashed Potatoes.