- 200 g tofu
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch or 4 tablespoons cornflour
- 2 tablespoons oil
- oil, to deep fry
- 2 medium onions
- 3 -4 garlic cloves
- 3 -4 green chilies
- 1 large red capsicum (bell pepper)
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper powder
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon chili sauce
- To start with, cut tofu into 1 inch diamond shaped pieces.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Roll tofu pieces in cornflour.
- Now, deep fry them in hot oil on medium flame until the edges start to turn brown.
- Remove from wok, drain onto absorbent paper and keep aside.
- Blend 1 tbsp cornflour (this much will be leftover) in quarter cup of water.
- Keep aside.
- Peel onions and cut'em into thick slices.
- Peel, wash and crush garlic.
- Slice green chillies.
- Wash, halve, de-seed and cut capsicum into thick strips.
- Heat 2 tbsps.
- oil in a wok.
- Add garlic and stir-fry for a minute.
- Add green chillies, onions and capsicum.
- Saute for a few minutes.
- Add tofu.
- Stir in stock.
- Add salt, pepper powder, soy sauce and chilli sauce.
- Stir well.
- Stir in the blended cornflour.
- Cook on high flame, stirring until the sauce thickens to coat the tofu and vegetables.
- Serve rightaway with hot rotis or naan or parathas or even kulchas!
- Enjoy your meal!